Shelf-Stable Food Processors Association
Who We Are
The Shelf-Stable Food Processors Association (SFPA) is the trade association serving the shelf-stable prepared food industry. SFPA represents the interests of shelf-stable food processors and their suppliers on issues affecting the industry. Members include companies of all sizes, from regional processors to large multi-plant operations. Originally founded as the National Meat Canners Association in 1923, the new name was adopted in 2007 to more accurately reflect the wide variety of shelf-stable food products produced by its members and the international scope of their businesses.
- to promote the interests of packers of shelf stable food products packed in containers (e.g. cans, glass, retort pouch, etc.);
- to encourage scientific and practical research;
- to collect and disseminate research information;
- to inform the trade and public of the advantages of processed food product usage;
- to elevate the industry’s standards; and
- to advance the welfare of the industry.
The SFPA has two membership categories:
Regular Membership is open to any corporation whose major business activity involves the sale and distribution of its own or custom packed shelf-stable food products.
Associate Membership is open to any corporation engaged in business as a seller of services or supplies to SFPA Regular Members or as a producer or distributor of any product or service that promotes the interest of producers of shelf-stable food products.
92nd Annual Meeting
March 9-11, 2014
Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix, Arizona
1150 Connecticut Ave NW, 12th floor
Washington, D.C. 20036
P: (202) 587-4273 • F: (202) 587-4303