Why Join? Gain Access to the Leading Experts in the Industry
Every day, thousands of people earn a living by telling you how to earn yours. They are your customers and your suppliers, your inspectors and your regulators, your congressmen and your local newspaper reporter. They may not know you very well, but they can have a big impact on your business. As a member of the American Meat Institute you have immediate access to a senior management team of experts that have more than 100 years of combined service to the industry.
Those experts are standing by to:
- Provide crisis management assistance, like legal counsel, press release drafting and media coaching, interface with USDA and more.
- Assist in resolving inspection-related issues, like labeling compliance, humane slaughter issues, OSHA inspections and EPA and state environmental inspections.
- Fight for your interests in national legislation and federal regulatory programs.
- Provide support to members seeking to get into the import/export business or current importers and exporters facing trade-related problems.
- Track industry news and alert you as it breaks.
- Provide educational resources and seminars designed to keep you and your employees informed on industry issues.
As an AMI member, you will also benefit from:
- Unparalleled access to a customer base in the meat and poultry industry.
- Discounts and priority booth selection at our world-class exhibition and conferences.
- Exhibit and sponsorship opportunities to targeted segments at our educational workshops.
- Targeted mailing lists from our widely diverse database.
General Membership Application
General Membership is open to any North American company that engages in the packing or processing of animal proteins. Membership dues are calculated based on the number of employees per company.
Supplier Membership Application
Supplier Membership is open to all companies that supply goods, equipment or services to animal protein packers or processors. Membership dues are determined by a company's total annual sales to the meat and poultry industry, and range from $1,125 to $15,000 annually.
Associate Membership Application
Associate Membership is open to any company
involved in the meat and
poultry industry, exclusive of industry
suppliers and North American
packers and processors. It includes companies
or individuals engaged in
business related to animal protein packing and
processing, such as
distribution, retail sales and food service
operations. Membership is
also available to packers and processors based
outside of North America.
Membership dues are $1,000 annually.