Home > ENVIRONMENT
The members of the U.S. meat and poultry industry are committed to being good stewards of the environment in which they operate. In addition to striving for full compliance with a host of federal, state and local environmental regulations, the industry embraces a comprehensive set of environmental best practices. The American Meat Institute also recognizes outstanding achievement in voluntary environmental protection through an annual awards program.
Presentation and Guidance
- Powerpoint Presentation: Quaternary Ammonium Compounds (Dirks) July 2009
- Powerpoint Presentation: Quanternary Ammonium Compounds July 2009
Must be a member and logged in to view.
- Assessment of Biological Nitrogen Removal in Poultry Facilities
- Biodegradation and Toxicity of Alkyl Benzyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride in a Mixed Aerobic Culture
- Effect of Alkyl Benzyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride and Temperature on Nitrification
- Effect of Polyelectrolytes and Quaternary Ammonium Compounds on the Anaerobic Biological Treatment of Poultry Processing Wastewater
- Environmental Fate and Toxicity in Wastewater Treatment of Quaternary Ammonium Surfactants
- Evaluation of Effects of Antimicrobial Food Processing, Cleaning and Sanitation on Aerobic and Anaerobic Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Fate and Effect of Alkyl Benzyl Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride in Mixed Aerobic and Nitrifying Cultures